Pages

Friday, September 19, 2014

The Construction Site

The Construction Site
Construction Site
Hi, my name is Ben.  I am a teenager from Park City, Utah.  I am going to be telling you the tales of my hectic weekends.  To start, most of my weekends throughout the winter consists of skiing with my team, or racing with my team around the United States.  Besides from that, the rest of my weekends are spent with friends doing, in some cases, ignorant, foolish, fun, activities around Park City. 

I am going to start the tale a couple months ago when a couple buddies of mine and I were tromping around Main Street on a warm day over the summer.  We started out the day getting out of school and heading over to the city bus to get to the top of Main Street.  Whenever we hangout at main street we usually spend some time in the local Quicksilver with a couple of the employees we know until we decide it is time actually do something with our day.  At that point we wander down the road looking for something that will drain the time away or give us a good adrenaline rush.  On this particular day it was a building that was under construction.

We saw this building and all decided we should go check it out.  We circled around the building until we found an open stairwell we could get into the building from.  After finding that we wandered around in the building until we hurt a voice yell up at us.  The aggravated man screamed, "Hey what are you doing up there?!"  Everything stopped dead in their tracks and looked frantically around for an exit.  I spotted another stairwell across the room for which we all started stealthily running over to.  The problem that faced us at the moment was that we did not exactly know where the voice we heard came from.  So we were out of the frying pan and straight into the fire.  I went first down the flight of stairs very slowly listening to every little sound I could.  Once I got down about 3 flights of stairs I heard footsteps advancing up the stairs very fast.  Once again we all looked at each other which hopeless eyes.  A friend of mine named Lance found a large drop we could jump down to a fairly soft landing which was on top of bags of sand.  Being the only option we acted quickly and leaped out of the building.  A couple of us got the wind knocked out of us but overall we were ok and made it out of the building in one piece.  That was only the tip of the ice burg in our journey through our precious teenage years.

No comments:

Post a Comment