Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Championship Weekend IIII

My chin after slalom run (original)
The next morning after the GS (previous post) was much like the last.  I woke up around six fifteen put on my long johns, sweats, sweatshirt and got all my gear so I could put it in the vans.  After that I went to the continental breakfast and ate eggs, bacon, and cereal and talked with kids from different regions.  I then jumped in the vans at seven and slept all the way up to the mountain which was about a half an hour away.  Once I got up there I put all my stuff on, clicked into my trainers and went up chair lift with my skis on my shoulder.

The Slalom was on the same hill as the GS but it was on the side where there was a sort of side hill that made the run much harder.  I was pissed off for greatness as ray lewis once said and I was determined to win the Slalom.  I had a lot of pressure on me for that run but I didn’t let it get to me.  I stayed calm but focused the entire day and I knew I was ready.  I took a quick slip down the run because inspection is not really needed for slalom.  I then went up to the top and cheered on my team mates until my run.  I was already stripped, warmed up and ready to go.  I got into the gate, bib number fourteen, and I heard all of my teammates screaming my name and I exploded out of the start.  I went into the first rhythm section of the course I completely nailed it, then came the combination nailed it!  Next rhythm section started and I felt a sharp pain on my chin but I ignored it and kept ripping my run.  I was having a perfect run and I knew that I was going to win it.  Here came the finish, the tempo was increasing and I couldn’t keep up with it.  I missed a gate hiked, and then straddled the next gate.  I was infuriated and didn’t know what to do.  I threw my pole with my glove attached and skied into the trees so I could be alone.  I broke my other pole that I had with me on a tree and put my head between my legs in complete despair.  My entire ski season was for that moment and I messed it up.


I skied out of the trees found my dad and talked to him and he said that I was a second ahead coming through the finish which pissed me off even more.  I skied away and got on the lift with a couple random people.  About half way up the lift the person next to me told me that my chin was bleeding, I looked down at my bib and realized that it was covered in blood.  I felt my chin and felt a big glob of blood on the end of it.  I went down the ski patrol shack and had to get seven stitches across my chin.  That was the end to my Championsh** weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment